With the upcoming holidays fast approaching, I find myself starting to stress a little more than usual. I'm thinking about how to stay on budget while also getting awesome gifts this year. Well, where ever the stress comes from, here are some things you can do to minimize and unwind this holiday season!
- Aromatherapy: Lavender and chamomile are very good for releasing stress. Using essential oils, candles, incense, and other natural fragrances in your home or workplace interact with the brain to reduce stress
- Exercise: This has always been one of the best ways to reduce your stress. Get up and get moving because regualer exercise not only helps with stress, but it'll keep you looking good and healthy all at the same time!
- Find something to make you laugh: Laughter can give your brain that little breaks it may need. Studies have shown that laughter can help ease feelings of stress. Don't do it on your own though. Laughter with family and friends is best.
- Keep a journal: Journaling allows you to show your feelings without it being in a public way. Getting your thoughts on paper can help you organize your thoughts and work through your feelings.
- Listen to music: Whatever makes you feel good. I'm not one to judge!
- Read a book: Reading is a good way to take your mind off of your everyday life. Find a book you can really get lost in for 30 minutes or more.
- Rest: Need I say more?! Your body needs to re-charge every night in order to handle what the day will bring. So get those much needed zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.
- Meditation: Try sitting with your eyes closed for 10-15 minutes everyday breathing deeply and either concentrate on your thoughts or just your breathing. Try to listen to the different sounds around you. Other benefits of meditation are:
lower blood pressure
improved blood circulation
lower heart rate
slower respiratory rate
lower blood cortisol levels
more feelings of well-being
My biggest suggestion???
Try some of these together. Light a candle, turn on some low music, and add something else to the mix like that book or journal entry. What are some things you do to unwind and de-stress? Share those below!!